How to store your jewellery at home.
- Try to keep your jewellery dry. The moisture is the main factor that increases the tarnishing process on your jewellery.
- Store different carat of jewellery separately. Store similar shape items together.
- Valuable or sentimental pieces that you do not wear often, consider storing them in a home safe or at a bank safety deposit box. It is also recommended that you have the valuable jewellery insured.
- Pick a location for storing your jewellery that has a consistent low humidity to help prevent the premature tarnishing or discoloration. Our tip : the drawer is a good storage place. If you can’t avoid the humidity, try to keep the humidity of a room or cabinet low for example to use a dehumidifier.
- Purchase the jewellery organiser that helps you with the storage. We recommend a tiered storage system to save space and to stay organised. The velvet organiser helps you to avoid scratches on the jewellery.
- Avoid to store the jewellery in a drafty cold closet or a hot and stuffy attic.
- The best is to store jewellery at a room temperature out of direct sunlight.
- Storing your jewelry in plastic bags is not recommended as it may cause a damage of jewellery and diamonds.
- Use of polishing cloth helps with the prevention from tarnishing your jewellery. It also helps to remove the fingerprints, perfume, oils, tarnish, dirt, scratches and dullness on different types of metals. You would be surprised at how much better your gold and diamonds will look after a half minute of polishing.
You can place following items in a small cloth bag inside the drawer to help you reduce the humidity :
We believe that our tips help you with the storage of the jewellery at your home. Just don’t forget that looking after your jewellery from after the purchase is a key factor to keep your jewellery sparkling for a long time.